Sunday, April 15, 2012

Parti Diagram


Having re-established the direction I wanted my project to take, I started to re-assess the site of my project. Was it about Gerani or did it operate at a larger scale across the urban sprawl of the city?  I looked at two options - the first a section from Omonoia Square up to the Akropoli and the second a section from Lycabettus Hill up to the Akropoli. The section I settled on was the one from Omonoia Square up to the Akropoli as it included the historical core of the city of Athens, and had a large variety in the conditions of poverty and character of each neighborhood.


The parti diagram above shows where I took the section cut and how I started to diagram out how a new datum would start to create different "zones" within the city. 


No comments:

Post a Comment